More free entertainment is on its way to Manitobans in an effort by the province to keep people at home as much as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
There are 50 new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba on Sunday and two more people have died after getting the illness, the province says in a news release.
"Significant attention is paid toward homelessness during severe weather, or if someone dies on the streets, or the bus shelters are full, or another encampment is torn down," says Winnipeg community worker Ken St. George. "But the attention is always short-lived. The issues remain."
Family and friends are mourning the loss of a 24-year-old Winnipeg man who passed away after suffering brain damage in a freak accident earlier this month.